Sterling Track Record for Secure Storage
The reasons for the high crime rate in South Africa are many. All are hotly debated and most probably have merit. Nonetheless, everyone living in this magnificent country and for that matter, anywhere else in the world, is faced with the possibility of losing their possessions to burglary or theft.
Even though there are laws in place and the authorities, police force, and security services do their best to ensure that you and your possessions are as secure as possible, they are under-resourced and cannot be everywhere at all times to prevent crime from happening. All too often, they’re only able to operate and respond reactively, after the crime has already taken place and a loss has occurred.
Prevention is Best
Prevention is always better than cure. So, at the end of the day, it is really up to each resident and every organisation or business enterprise to engage the best possible measures to secure their own premises and everything on site, whether in plain sight and use or tucked away in storage. One should remember that goods, which are being stored, are particularly attractive to thieves, because such items are not in everyday use. Thus, it typically takes much longer for the owner to realise that they are missing.
As a company that specialises in providing self-storage facilities to clients who need to rent extra space to keep their goods that are not in use for a while, we are acutely aware of the crime tendencies in this country, particularly in our field. We provide state-of-the-art, secure storage options to which others entrust their prized possessions for safe-keeping.
100% Secure Since 2005
This also implies that our clients expect to not only find their goods whenever they wish, but also find their stored items intact, in the same condition in which they were put into storage. This is precisely what we have achieved since we first opened our doors to clients and their possessions almost 20 years ago, in 2005. Our 100% secure self-storage track record attests to the efficacy of our modern security systems and our commitment to our clients.
- Two large entrance and exit gates, manned at all times – 24/7, 365 days a year – by security personnel who admit no one that is not recorded on file, via ID, in our office. Without the client’s express authority to access their unit (and thus our premises too), Quality Storage is a no-go facility.
- Clients keep their own keys to their designated storage unit(s). Each unit is equipped with a locking device to which clients attach their own padlock, to which their keys belong. Without individually owned and kept keys, no one is able to access units and stored goods within.
- Armed reaction by ADT
- Electric fencing atop sturdy, secure face brick boundary walls
- Perimeter beams, plus additional beams that cover all units’ doors
- CCTV systems that record activity and movement
- Floodlights, which make “light” of all corners that might otherwise provide concealed hiding places for wrong doers.
Lastly, but by no means less important when secure storage is involved, we have a heavy duty, large capacity generator to supply electricity seamlessly to all security devices on our property, if and when a power failure or outage occurs – a very topical issue as at the time of writing this piece (October 2019).