8 Things to Consider When Looking for Secure Storage for Your Goods
Are you going away for a while and need secure storage for your goods and furniture? Do you perhaps have a business that requires you to store stock safely in a secure place? Have you perhaps moved to a smaller property and need to store extra furniture that doesn’t fit into your new place? Are you looking for secure storage for your vehicle? If the answer is yes, you will need to find secure storage in a location that is convenient and safe.
When looking for storage, there are a few things to consider in order for you to make a more informed decision about where to store your goods. While there are many storage facilities around Gauteng, not many of them are quite as convenient and secure as you would like, and the ones that are very secure usually cost an arm and a leg!
- Location: It is best to keep your storage as close to your work or home as possible. This means that you will have easy access to your goods whenever you need them, especially if you regularly need to gain access Do some research and find secure storage facilities that are a short distance away
- Security: Of course, there is no point in choosing storage that is not secure. You need your goods to remain safe from theft. The storage facility you choose should have outstanding security measures, such as access control around the clock, perimeter fencing, security staff on duty, and other security solutions such as CCTV and good lighting.
- Storage conditions: Often, storage facilities are not well ventilated, which can lead to fungus and mould growing in the storage unit, especially when the storage unit is not sealed off to be waterproof. Ideally, the secure storage unit you choose should be temperature regulated, waterproof (to protect your goods from moisture), and dustproof.
- Vermin control: You don’t want to come to collect your goods from your secure storage unit only to find it infested with rats or mice! The storage facility you choose has to be regularly inspected and vermin control has to take place on a regular basis.
- Hygiene: Nobody likes a messy storage area! The look of the storage facilities on the outside will usually reflect what is going on inside. Choose a storage facility that looks clean and well-manicured, with well-kept driveways and roads.
- Access: If you need access to your secure storage facility around the clock, you have to find facilities that allow you to enter the premises at any time of day or night. Many storage facilities only operate during office hours, and only certain specific facilities provide the convenience of authorised entry around the clock! Ensure that they can meet your specific needs when it comes to timing.
- Space and convenience: If your goods are being delivered or collected with large trucks, it is vital that all storage units are accessible for these large vehicles. At Quality Storage, we have large entrance and exit gates, and a lot of space inside our storage facilities to facilitate large vehicles.
- Budget: Not many secure storage units are very cost effective, but if you are looking for the best option for a relatively conservative budget, Quality Storage is the way to go! We offer secure storage units in a variety of sizes at affordable prices.
Our storage facilities meet all of the above requirements. Give us a call today to find out more.